Monday, March 2, 2009

Vacation here I come!

I leave for my Jamaican Vacation in less than 2 days!!!

I'm working 10 hours today and tomorrow so that I don't have to use so much PTO. It was so hard to get up at 5:45 this morning...UGG! 10 hours feels like an eternity when you are used to working only 8. I need these 2 days to pass quickly or I may go a little insane!!

I really don't feel like working because I'm too excited for this much needed break from life but I've decided that working and getting things done will actually help the time pass faster. Let's hope that proves to be true anyway!

I have so much to do in the next 2 days before I leave - pack, mani/pedi, download music onto ipod, return library books, Target, bank....! I (of course) left everything until the last minute and then the last week has been so busy that I haven't had time to do much preparation.

I don't feel as excited as I should be though. I think part of it is that Johnny isn't going so I'm really going to miss him. I'm also a little afraid of what he is going to be doing while I'm gone but I just keep telling myself how much he loves me and how much I trust him. Worrying won't help anything so I'm trying really hard not to. I think the time apart will actually be good for us and maybe really good for me because I'm not going to be able to know what he's doing at all times. We won't even really be able to talk because my cell phone doesn't work internationally. Maybe this will help me learn to live without having control of the situation. We'll see :-)

4 comments:

Living for the Little Moments said...

I wish I had a great vacation coming up! Hope you have an amazing, fun, and relaxing time!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you'll have alot of R&R. I'm sure Johnny will be fine :) Have fun!

Miss JC said...

Have a GREAT time..live it up! Yes, Johnny will be just fine. YOU pamper yourself and only think about you while you are there!

Unknown said...

Left you a little something on my blog...Happy Hump Day!